Search This Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

What can my iPhone 3GS handle?

I asked myself this question.. So I found an answer for myself.

The answer is "A LOT!"

OK let me first say that I am a complete advocate of Jailbreaking, I think it brings out the potential of this device! Bot the iPhone and the iPod Touch.
So what I did just now was user Backgrounder and see how many things I could get running in the background along with all the tweaks, themes, daemons, and MobileSubstrate addons I have running on my iPhone as well.

Here is my list of MobileSubstrate addons in SBSettings (I have a few more but I have them turned OFF):
%GriP
Backgrounder
Downloader
FCSB
GriPPushNotification
Inspell
Lockdown
MSDoubleHeight
MailToAttachement
MobileStack
PreferenceLoader
QuickBoardLauncher
Winterboard
YouveGotMail
biteSMSsb
iRealQuickSMS
mQuickDo
qStatus

OK.. Yes thats a huge list.. But a few of those go into using one application just different addons for different functions.. Either way thats a lot of MobileSubstrate addons in my opinion.
I know you may not know what all those do.. I do just because I know what Apps they go to when I installed the App.

Now with that in mind here is what I ran in the background.
biteSMS
iPod
Safari
Mail
Phone
TweetDeck
The Sims 3
Terminal
Cydia
App Store
Installous
Notes
IM+
GV Mobile
FML Pro
Photos

By this point I opened up SBSettings to see how much RAM I had left and my SpringBoard crashed

So that tells me that the iPhone 3GS can handle quite a lot of things running! I see a lot of potential in the Jailbreak + iPhone 3GS world at the moment. A lot of cool tweaks and apps have come out since the iPhone 3GS and the 3.0 Firmware release.

This was just for fun because at the moment I have a sprained ankle and cant do much for awhile (already had it for 3 weeks). Torn ligaments don't heal quick let me tell you!

Anyways hit me up with some comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I welcome your thoughts!
Anyone can comment.

Astraweb Affiliate Banner