Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

2 methods for getting a Google Voice invite

I had been trying to get a Google Voice invite without waiting for Google themselves to send me one because I knew it might be awhile, I signed the waiting list but after that I wanted to see if I could get an invite NOW.
Google invites work as links, Google sends you a link and you can click it and register, if you do not click the link and give the link to someone else they can register.

The first way I tried to get an invite was with Twitter (TweetDeck on my iPhone) and I added 2 searches: 'want a google voice invite' and 'Google Voice'

Sometimes I see people say "Does anyone want a Googe Voice invite?" and you can @reply to them or DM (Direct Message) them and get it!
I was unsuccessful with this method but that does not mean you wont be! I did not really take the time to try.

The way I ended up going to get Google Voice was by going to eBay and looking at how much invites cost, I found a couple that were "Buy 1 and get 2 FREE" for 0.99 cents.
I was thinking OK well I dont want to pay for a service that is free but I dont want to wait and I can give the extra invites to my family and friends and then we can try Google Voice together. I ended up buying 2 so I spent $1.98 for 6 invites.
The guy I bought them from was really nice and ended up giving me 4 more invites for free! So I then had a total of 10 Google voice invites. I used 1 and gave 2 away so I now have 7 GV invites on my computer.

I am thinking of doing a twitter contest for some of the Google Voice Invites I have! Some of them I will be giving to my friends and my family who would like to try Google Voice.

Twitter contest? I think so :)

6 comments:

  1. Do you still have any extra ones, I would really like on if you could spare one?

    Kevin
    vthokie96@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was googling looking for some information about the people selling invites on ebay and came across your blog. It seems like they are on the up and up (would love to know how they managed to come across so many invites).

    If you have an invite you don't mind parting with i would love to have one. Otherwise i'll go the route of ebay. Either way thanks

    Sean
    seapat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I too am looking for an invite, thanks for your post I did not think of the ebay way so if you can't spare one I'll try that. ill also give it a go for a spotify account.

    Thanks

    Richard.gv at find4u.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem you guys!

    eBay was the easiest way for me to get the invites I wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dette,

    I would assume you must have given out all your invites to friend but if you have one spare, can you please give it to me?

    anandjoshi10@yahoo.com

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! I welcome your thoughts!
Anyone can comment.

Astraweb Affiliate Banner