Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Installed Ubuntu 9.04 - Took 5 attempts

I was set on installing Ubuntu onto a 30GB partition I made just for the occasion. It took me 5 tries to get Ubuntu installed, but now that its installed.. Its great! I am really liking it!
I believe it was user error for why it would not install but even so it was very frustrating. Once I was able to get it to install correctly the install went very smoothly and it was very, very easy.

Ubuntu's UI reminds me heavily of Google Android's UI (Google's Open Source Smartphone OS for those who dont know). Since Android is running on the linux kernel aswell as Ubuntu that would be make some sense.

Anyways I am finding myself pleasantly surprised while typing this using a brand new OS (new to me).

Very cool! I am now anxious to try other Linux distros because I know many people like other ones better then Ubuntu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I welcome your thoughts!
Anyone can comment.

Astraweb Affiliate Banner