Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saurik can downgrade 3GS 3.1 to 3.0! - 3GS 3.1 ECID might be of use as well!

On Twitter "About 10 hours ago" according to my twitter homepage, Saurik posted 2 tweets...


This means that we will get detailed instructions on how to downgrade our iPhone 3GS phones from 3.1 (either accidental upgrade or purposeful) back to 3.0 ONLY IF you have an ECID SHSH on file via Cydia (luckily I do!)..
Saurik thankfully did not mention anything about needing the iBSS and iBEC files! I am greatful for that because I dont have those because I replaced my 3GS and forgot to grab the files for that device since I had them for the previous one.

Anyways this is very good new! Thank you so much Saurik!

I will still advise you NOT to update to 3.1 if you want a Jailbreak because there is still no way to Jailbreak 3.1 currently. Though this means if you DO upgrade you will hopefully be able to downgrade back to 3.0 later if in need. (I am also hoping this means I can do a 3.0 restore without updating because I need to fix some issues I am having)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I welcome your thoughts!
Anyone can comment.

Astraweb Affiliate Banner