Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Aha! 3.0 Restore on my 3GS worked! Thanks Saurik!

I just followed Sauriks guide to restore 3.0 firmware on the iPhone 3GS with his "On File" ECID SHSH!
It verified the firmware and I am now restoring!

I was on 3.0.1 firmware but I need to restore just to work out some bugs and so now I can without loosing my JB!
I personally was/am holding off on upgrading to 3.1 until the Jailbreak is released for the iPhone 3GS. I do realize that could be awhile.
But now with the option to downgrade back to 3.0 I might have to give 3.1 a shot just because I am a geek and I love to try new things and "beat the system" you could say.

Anyways just was letting everyone know that Sauriks's method DOES work! Not that I even had a single doubt but I am just sharing my experience so far with my iPhone 3GS and the battle against Apple.


EDIT: Just an update! It worked without a hitch! Now back on 3.0 (not jailbroken.. yet)..

Time to fire up redsn0w! WOOT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I welcome your thoughts!
Anyone can comment.

Astraweb Affiliate Banner